The 7 Life Lessons of the Tibetan Singing Bowls


First, Let's Know About The Science Behind a Singing Bowl.

When I hit the ball with the stick on the Himalayan singing bowl, I sent some vibrations through the bowl. When I run the stick around the outside of the Bowl I'm keeping those vibrations going because the stick is slipping and sticking to the bowl causing friction.

It's this force of friction that sets more vibrations through the bowl keeping the sound going and making the ball sing we call this resonance. When you put more energy into a system and you keep the vibrations going and the sound going the bowl then vibrates the air around the bowl and the sound travels to us. 



We can change the note that the bowl makes by changing the frequency of these vibrations. If I have some water then the buddhist singing bowl has to vibrate the water and the note will change. 


Now I'll add some water. now see if the notes changed water is more difficult to vibrate than air so the vibrations are now slower. Slower vibrations give us lower notes and faster vibrations give us a higher note.

[Watch This Entire Video If You Don't Want to Read this Article]

The 7 Life Lessons of the Tibetan Singing Bowls

The 7 Lessons I Learned From Himalayan singing bowls. I think they also apply to life in general.
Image Credit: developmentcrossroads.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Know The Hidden Secrets of Tibetan Singing Bowl

3 Things Need to Know to Play a Tibetan Singing Bowl